Saturday, September 12, 2015

Hi, I'm Robert!

Hi! My name is Dread Pirate Roberts, but you can call me Robert for short.


I'm a baby Lovebird. I hatched on June 28, 2015.



On August 13, one of my human mommies (Mamma Vicki) had just finished feeding my siblings and I when one of the dogs jumped on her, and got me. She saved me, but I went into shock. My other human mommy, Mamma Lauren, brought me to the family vet (Doctor Z). She said my heart was beating nice and strong, and I was breathing well. So Mamma Lauren took me home, and watched me carefully. Even just a few hours later, I was feeling much better.


As a result of the "encounter," I kept my right eye shut most of the time, so Mamma Lauren said I looked like a Pirate. She named me Dread Pirate Roberts after a pirate in one of her favorite movies (Princess Bride). I can open my eye, but it's still fun to play Pirate every once in a while.



I do have some brain damage from it, but it doesn't bother me. I'm smaller than my siblings, and I'm slower in developing (feathers, coordination, etc.). It's okay, though. My human mommies give me that much more love and attention.


So that's a little about me. Be prepared for lots of pictures, videos and stories as I grow up. So come along, matey. Let's sail the seven seas! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment